Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bella's Alter Ego(s)

"Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior." Or in this case, cat's behavior.

Winter Bella is happy

     Winter Bella is one cat.  She is an insanely lovable, rumbling goofy girl who snuggles with me every night and reaches out a paw to tap my face just to say "hi, I love you."  She looks at me with adoration and talks to me with happy chirps. 





Summer Bella hates me.  My sole purpose in her life is to provide food, and open the door.  She turns into a lean, mean hunting machine who will manage to sneak outside and stay outside day and night except for sneaking forays into the kitchen to snag a meal before bolting back outdoors.  If anyone notices her at the food bowl in the evening, instructions are to SHUT THE DOOR and keep her in.  HA! Summer Cat will find a way out.  Summer Cat is a wild and free spirit determined to savor every second of these warm summer days.
 
Wild Summer Cat

2 comments:

  1. Goodness the cats at your house sound very much like all the ones here. They are all have such different personalities. Hope all of you have a fun filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of Bella is so good I can just see her in both seasons. Summer cat is quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete